08 September 2010

The Not-So-Spooky Deer Wheel

Remember the plate that wanted to be a wheel so bad it climbed through a brick wall to come live in our shop instead of the antique store next door?

This plate?

Spooky Deer PlateTowards the end of summer the wheel design finally fell into place and we've been working on it between other jobs. The Spooky Deer just seemed way too lonely, wandering through it's blue and black bushes, searching for it's companion. So we gave him a friend. I mean really, what's better than one spooky albino deer wandering through a creepy forest filled with blue trees? TWO spooky albino deer wandering through a creepy forest filled with blue trees! How could we go wrong? Really.

Spooky Deer PlateSo we were informed by a highly influential person that "The Spooky Deer Wheel" perhaps wasn't the best name for a spinning wheel. (Okay, it was my mom visiting us on vacation.) I needed something to put on the bin label so she'd stop pestering me and "Gemini" seemed to fit the description. It's got twins on it, and well, my mom is a Gemini so it flattered her enough so that she'd leave me alone about my mad naming skillz.

Today it got it's first touch of color! This is a blue & navy HitchHiker wheel.

Gemini - dyed base
Gemini - Wheel Color


We're hoping that the weather warms up just a tad and we'll have her finished next week. This wheel isn't spoken for yet and will be available for sale at that time. (She'll be priced around $600.) If you want to place dibs (half down) email us at info@Northerndyes.com

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, that's beautiful!

Marisol said...

She sure is beautiful and I am glad she is all mine. I have her safe at home with me now. Arrived on Friday! I already have my first bobbin full.